A collection of ideas and prototypes for improving the sport of skydiving.
View this project on GitHub
Skydiving technology has advanced considerably in recent years, vastly improving the safety of those who choose to fly. Despite these advancements, the sport of skydiving is still a dangerous one with significant risks. This repository is dedicated to utilizing engineering concepts to improve the ability, awareness, and safety of skydivers.
- Reduce cost
- Reduce equipment size, weight
- Increase efficiency on the ground so more time can be spent in the sky
- Improve ground training through body flight simulations (non-tunnel)
- Advanced sensors to track detailed analytics of each jump, jumper (simulator play back)
- load clock
- HUD with telemetry, velocity, obstacle data
- body flight simulation (aerodynamics)
- point counter
- auto parachute packer